Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Live by The Whole Word

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


Jesus was the Word, there from the beginning, through all of the creation, covenants and teachings handed down.

John 12:48-50 48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 49 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50 I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.”


He only said what His Father told Him to say...I'd rather worship the whole Word...from beginning to end, than the watered down version I've been taught my whole life.

Brothers, Sisters...He IS the Word. If the Word was with God from the beginning, don't you think the whole Word is valid? Perfect for reproof, correction, perfect for knowing how to love and serve God? If you don't...you need to ask yourself why you follow only half a faith.

It has always been by faith alone, that God planned for salvation.
Noah lived by faith, and was counted as righteousness.
Abraham lived by faith, and was counted as righteousness.
Many others, giants in our faith, lived by faith, before Jesus came, and were saved by that faith. 


Hebrews 11:6-10 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. 7 By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise; 10 for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

It has always been by faith, that men and women of God lived by...and through that faith, they sought after Him, wanting to love Him with their whole mind, heart and soul...following after His Word, both flesh and written, as a road map in how to be obedient, loving, and in awe of Him who created us.

So again...I'd rather live by the whole Word of God. I'd rather worship the whole Word, both flesh and written.

I do not have to...that is where free will comes in. I can choose to say, I'll only take you on my own terms...but that's not real love. That's not real faith. That's not real hope. I've always been of the mind that if you say you believe, or have faith...then walk in it. Now, I know the action of walking in faith can be difficult. But it is not, contrary to popular belief, IMPOSSIBLE. It is not impossible to follow after Him, or His Word. He states as such, several times in the Tanack (older writings), David even says His ways and statues are a delight to follow! (Just read Psalm 119) Christ Himself said it as well. 

And I think...if these said it was a delight, it was light, is was not a burden...then I'll believe them. For it I don't...I'm thinking Him a liar. And I don't want to think God a liar...do you?

 For more on this you can start here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment