Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Thred Up - Recycling Old Clothing

Thred Up - Recycling Old Clothing
I have been looking at this site for some time, loving the idea of used clothing. I do notice that they have a different collection of clothing, than at my local GoodWill. Which is good! I signed up to see what else they had. 

Turns out, they get these clothes from you and me! They will send you a bag to send your clothing, in great condition, no staining, tears, missing labels, etc, and if they pass Thred Up's examination process, you'll have store credit!  Sounds like a good idea to me, I needed to get rid of my clothing anyways. And, the clothing they don't accept, they donate. 


So yesterday I received my bag in the mail. It's a free bag, they ship it to you free, and there's a return label already on the bag. :) 



  It's a rather large bag, I don't know how much it holds, but it depends on how well you can fold your items tiny! ;) It more than had room for the clothing I had to send them. 

You then peel the sticker off, and fold over the remaining bag onto itself, WITH the label showing. :) And volia, you're ready to send it back. They do mention that it'll take 4-6 weeks, once they receive it, to process everything and decide what they'll accept and then credit your account for. They donate the remaining items!

This is my first time doing this, and I'll update this when things have been credited to my account...IF anything is. :)

What do you do with your items you've decided to give away?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment