Sunday, August 23, 2015

30 Piece Wardrobe

30 Piece Wardrobe - How can it be done?!

This is my journey towards getting capsule wardrobes, 30 items for a Fall/Winter and 30 for Spring/Summer. Every person makes their own little rules about this, but the 30 main items seems to be the basic idea that runs through the movement! I long for simplicity, and have been on this journey for over two years now. It seems like every time I get down in my clothing, it explodes once again!

The Nitty-Gritty

Going through my things, I have a lot of bottoms. Skirts, leggings, capris, and one pair of jeans. I have a few tops I love, a few tank tops, and some t-shirts. None of which I LOVE. I realized, while going through my things, that I have maybe 5 things total that I love to wear. The others...well they just cover me. While I'm not a vain person,I have a list of criteria I am trying to follow, with any new purchases.
  1. It's modest.
  2. It's comfortable.
  3. It's frugal
  4. It's flattering. 
In that order.

Orange sweater, 3 tops - this was my recent Goodwill find!
3 Capri pants: One nice, one work pair & one relaxed fit.

8 Tops: 2 3/4 sleeves, 3 long sleeved, 3 cap sleeved.

2 shirt dresses

2 jeans skirts, 1 pair of jeans

3 sweaters

5 tank tops (2 not pictured)

7 t-shirts (7th not pictured)





Still missing from the photo line up, is my black, broomstick type, skirt. It's light, and perfect for summer, because of that. Even though it's black, it's one of the coolest skirts I own! And it's perfect for tossing a pair of tights, or leggings on underneath, for Fall and Winter. ;)

Well there you have it...my wardrobe as of right now. I'll be going through these pieces again, in two months, when the weather gets cooler. See what I might need to add, and pull out the seasonal items I have packed away. I can't wait for that! It'll be time to purge once again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment